Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Review: The Last Man on Earth (1964)


Hello friends, how are you? thank you for your patience and I'm sorry I haven't written to you guys in a while, but between being a husband and daddy and on top of that having to remove the kitchen floor to put tile (for the 1st time in my life) I haven't had a lot of free time.

  That aside there are two things I want to get out of the way before I review this movie;

1- The tittle of this blog is Undead Obsession, so that really gives me ample freedom to write about any undead creature, but I really want to keep things in the realm of the Zombie, which to me is the most thought provoking.
2 - Though the creatures in this movie are given the name Vampires and have the same weaknesses as the vampires, the way in which people all over the world are infected and the way these "creatures" act resemble more of the modern day slow Zombie.

So you'll forgive me either way once you watch this great great film, you'll have to make up your own mind about what they truly are... perhaps if we have hybrid cars we can have hybrid undead.

The legendary Vincent Price plays Robert Morgan a disillusioned scientist who could do nothing to stop the end of humanity based on the 1954 novel "I am legend" later made into 2 other movies.

I though this was going to be another one of those classic bores, but I guess Vincent Price is not Legendary for nothing!!!, he really makes you believe his desperation. This is a must watch.

To see a list of all the films I've reviewed click here

No comments:

Post a Comment