Wednesday, December 22, 2010

I don't paint my nails black

Hello out there, my name is Santiago, my friends call me Santy...

Now I don't paint my nails black, I don't idolize the macabre, and I am not generally a gloomy person, but lately I have been obsessing with the undead, Zombies to be exact, this is mostly due to a string of movies that I have seen lately like "Zombieland", "Resident Evil: Apocalypse" and specially AMC's "The Walking Dead" Series.

Don't think for a second that these are the first things I've watched on the subject, it's just that for the past couple of weeks there is not much else I can think about when I'm idle. Unfortunately this genre is not one my wife or my 5 and 2 1/2 year old kids are interested in, so for lack of someone to converse with I am writing to you.
I'm kind of embarassed to say that I got the idea for writing this blog after watching the movie "Julie and Julia"... yes the movie abut Julia Childs... yes the cook!!!! but oh well, what can I say? my tastes vary a lot...

Back to the subject at hand "Zombies" or what I am more interested in... the interactions between Zombies and the unlucky survivors, and their portrayal on any media whether it be on screen or print.

If there is ONE thing I would like to accomplish with this blog it would be to end the cheesy unbelievable stupidity some movie producers believe the audience is capable of, for example: The one person in the group who is scratched sometime in the film, and even though he/she is pale, sweating and has become disturbingly quiet and detached, when someone else asks "are you OK?" they believe the gravely voice that says "....hmm ... arghh, it's nothing... I'm ok" and voila!!! in the end of the movie he/she turns Zombie and kills them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment